Sunday 15 December 2013

Photography inspired by Leathers by Deftones

Another of my favourite songs is Leathers from Deftones' latest album. 
Here is a little exert of the lyrics of their song:

Shedding your skin, showing your texture, time to let

Everything inside show
You're cutting all ties now and forever, time to let
Everything outside you
Shed your casing, show your lines and shapes
Wear your insides
On the outside
Show your enemy
What you look like
What you look like
From the inside
From the inside

I think this song can have several meanings and I've been trying to thinking of a way to portray some of my thoughts about the song onto the canvas of my body. I've gone with the idea that someone's identity is changing to reveal one's true self, or one's mask is being taken off to reveal their true identity. This can either be a reaction to something or one's own choice. It's taken some time, but I finally remembered something that I could use for this experiment. So here is my take on it. Please let me know what you think!